EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP – The Atlantic County Utilities Authority is reminding Atlantic County residents that household hazardous waste must never be poured down the drain or placed in the trash.
Products, such as insecticides, pesticides, fertilizers, mercury containing light bulbs, pool chemicals and other cleaners, must be disposed of properly 8 am to 1 pm Saturday, March 5 at the ACUA hazardous waste collection site at the Reycling Center, 6700 Delilah Rd .in Egg Harbor Township.
- Proof of residency is required – driver’s license, tax bill, etc.
- Please bring your items in a throwaway or recyclable container (such as a cardboard box). Containers will not be returned. No exceptions. You will not have to exit your vehicle.
- Individual container sizes cannot exc
- eed 5 gallons – no exceptions.
- The maximum quantity of household hazardous waste is 20 gallons and/or 200 lbs dry weight per household per person.
- NO materials from commercial establishments.
For a complete list of items being accepted for disposal, see http://acua.com/hhw/