Choosing a pool cleaning service that’s right for you is as important as pool cleaning itself. Asking detailed questions could be the difference between a great experience and a miserable one.
Compile a short list
Begin your investigation by asking friends and neighbors about their experiences with various pool cleaning companies. Your pool is unique and you’re a unique customer. The needs you have may be different from theirs, but taking note of their general satisfaction is a good place to start. Look online for local companies that are rated well with pool owners near you.
Make a list of the top several companies that spark your interest. Call each of them or engage with them on their website. There are some specific questions you’ll want to have answered.
When calling the pool cleaning companies on your short list, ask them these questions and make notes of their answers. There’s no need to commit to hearing any sales pitches or making any appointments yet.
- How long have you been cleaning pools in this area?
- Can you provide references?
- What services do you provide in addition to pool cleaning?
- Do all of your technicians undergo regular training?
- Are all of your technicians certified?
From those inquiries, identify at least three companies that stand above the rest. Make appointments with each to come to your pool to give you service quotes. If any company is unwilling to see your pool before giving you prices, simply move on to the next company. If you have any special requests, now is a good time to address them. Take notes of their responses.
Your goal here is to obtain written price quotes from each company. Make sure the quote includes all the services that will be performed and how often. If there’s any part that you don’t understand, be sure to have it clarified for you by the company’s representative before moving forward.
Hire the best
The best pool cleaning company for your needs may not be the cheapest one or even the one that your neighbor suggested. Look for satisfactory answers to the following questions and hire the company that fits your needs and makes you feel the most comfortable.
- What the representative on time?
- Do they offer a service package that meets your needs?
- Do they offer other services that you may need later?
- Did they answer your questions satisfactorily?
- Did they provide a detailed list of their responsibilities?
- Did they provide you with a detailed schedule?
- How do they keep records and are those records supplied to you upon request?
- Are there any additional costs that I should know about?